Thursday, November 22, 2012

MARILYN MONROE

MARILYN MONROE

          Even after her death, she remains the world's most enduring sex symbol and goddess due to her innocent charm and alluring vulnerability  Through her quotes, maybe we can understand the true mind, spirit and emotion of goddess MARILYN.

 


 

"The world around me then was kind of grim.  I had to learn to pretend in order to... I don't know... block the grimness.  The whole world seemed sort of closed to me... I felt on the outside of everything, and all I could do was to dream up any kind of pretend game."
 
~~~
 
"I knew I belonged to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else."
 
~~~
 
"I used to say to myself, 'What the devil have you got to be proud about, Marilyn Monroe?'  And I'd answer, 'Everything, everything,' and I'd walk slowly and turn my head slowly as if I were a queen."
 
~~~
 
 
 
~~~
 
"A career is born in public, talent in privacy."
 
~~~
 
"Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul."
 
~~~
 
"I used to think as I looked at the Hollywood night, there must be thousands of girls sitting along like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star.  But I'm not going to worry about them.  I'm dreaming the hardest."
 
~~~
 
 
~~~
 
"Fame will go by and, so long, I've had you, Fame.  If it goes by, I've always known it was fickle."
 
~~~
 
"A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night."
 
~~~
 
"Unfortunately, I am involved in a freedom ride protesting the loss of the minority rights belonging to the few remaining earthbound stars.  All we demanded was our right to twinkle."
 
~~~
 
 
~~~
 
"It takes a smart brunette to play a dumb blonde."
 
~~~
 
"No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl.  All girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't."
 
~~~
 
"Everybody is always tugging at you.  They'd all like a sort of chunk out of you.  I don't think they realize it, but it's like 'grrr do this, grr do that...'  But you do want to stay intact and on two feet."
 
~~~
 
 
~~~
 
"I am invariable late for appoinments - sometimes as much as two hours.  I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing."
 
~~~
 
"I guess I have always been deeply terrified to really be someone's wife since I know from life one cannot love another, ever, really."
 
~~~
 
"I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one."
 
~~~
 

 
~~~
 
"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it."
 
~~~
 
"I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful."
 
~~~
 
"Sometimes I've been to a party where no one spoke to me for whole evening.  The men, frightened by their wives or sweeties... the ladies would gang up in a corner and discuss my dangerous character."
 
~~~
 
 
~~~
 
"A sex symbol becomes a thing.  I just hate to be a thing."
 
~~~
 
"An actress is not a machine, but they treat you like a machine.  A money machine."
 
~~~
 
"Being a sex symbol is a heavy load to carry, especially when one is tired, hurt and bewildered."
 
~~~
 


~~~
 

"I have feelings too.  I am still human.  All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent."
 
~~~
~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment